Saturday, May 29, 2010

Health Discussions

This is my first blog.

I have seen blogs sometimes but never saw one that I liked much until today.
So, as a tribute, I'll give you the address.


I like the idea of talking about health on the internet. Especially since I realize there is a lot of nonsense on the Internet and I don't like nonsense. So I wanted to make a blog where I could express myself and my general concerns about health that typically just aren't discussed on other sites.

What I mean is that my blog shall aim to discuss general health. This is different from discussing health concerns that other people have. Other people are concerned about rabies, AIDS, hepatitis, cardiovascular disease related to extremely high blood pressure, broken bones...basically stuff that is discussed to death, in my opinion. So here this blog is where I'm going to discuss more interesting stuff that isn't discussed much.

I like to think of myself as an amateur doctor. And also, by creating a blog I will effectively force myself to study more. I live by myself and don't have anyone to treat me. I was not born in a hospital and no man or woman on earth understands my body better than myself. Any time I see a doctor they are totally clueless and they seem to have to ask me thousands of questions to get anywhere with learning about me.

Because in my opinion, almost every doctor out there in this world is a quack...
I would encourage you, the reader of this blog to, if you feel comfortable in your own intelligence that is, to try to examine information available and be your own doctor. Or, if you feel confident enough in me or your close friend's intelligence, you can use that person. However, I personally think it's a bad idea for you to use a doctor online as a substitute for a present doctor. If nothing else, you should keep a daily log of your activities, either mentally, on paper, or by computer. When it comes to health, you shouldn't leave things to your memory anyway, so documentation I find is a great tool for any doctor.

If you're serious about keeping up on your own health by reading things online, and are fed up with the many novice doctors around town, you'd do well to implement various strategies into your routine for maintaining your health. It just makes sense. Like it has been suggested to teens, to make a diary for their mental well being, such a thing can be useful for our physical well being as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment